Sara
Language is it a form of submission?

What do you think of someone who always choose a foreign language such as frensh or english to discuss any topic on the internet with his local friends rather than using his native language? (i don't mean those who are trying to learn the language) 

Don't you think that it's a sign of weakness and submission to another culture even unconsciously!

Sep 18, 2014 12:10 AM
Comments · 10

"and by the way, as you are an english teacher here, do you know what this site is about?"

--

maybe I think I know but I actually don't?

September 18, 2014

Hey Alexander, do you really undertand english? i guess so because it's your native language! So why you ignored this:

" (i don't mean those who are trying to learn the language)"

and this:

" Even with his relatives and friends who can understand that language but still not their native language??"

and by the way, as you are an english teacher here, do you know what this site is about?

Now ask yourself again, why am i writing here in english? :)

September 18, 2014

I don't think that posting on the social networks in other languages which aren't your mother tongue is a sign of submission. That sounds to me more as a way to boast of knowing a different language.

And, as Sara said, we are not talking about people who really want to learn the language, we are talking about those who unnecesary write in a foreign language to their friends or family, who can't understand a single word.

September 18, 2014

Don't you think that it's a sign of weakness and submission to another culture even unconsciously!

I know right?

You're writing in English by the way

September 18, 2014

For sure, if you were not to learn English here, you do not have to post any English writing here or in response to any English writing. Whatever, to learn an foreign language can be regarded as some sort form of submission on some occasion which is my perception. 

September 25, 2014
Show more