Gillian
Paris and what you know about it?

What do you know about Paris? I am staying in Versailles which is close to Paris. I can wave at the places and say hello for you if you tell me where you would like to go or have been!

Sep 19, 2014 8:08 AM
Comments · 15

Hi Gillian!  I absolutely Adore Paris!!  I have been 9 times or so and am dying to go again!  I love the Beaubourg area, for all the cafes, bookshops and boutiques as well as the square where all the street performers are.  Could you wave in that direction for me.  Hopefully I can visit in the coming year or so. 

September 24, 2014

I know you're back home now, but if you were still there I would ask you to wave at 'Arles' in the southern part of France because Van Gogh lived his last years there & for me he's the best artist ever & I dream to see one of his paintings for real:) I read about his life since childhood & I was amazed by him & the way he expresses the sadness & poverty in his paintings; like the 'potato eaters'. Of course I adore all his paintings. I can't say I know much about Paris, but I would visit the Louvre over & over again if I had the chance.

Right now I want you to wave at all Scotland because for me it's where I dream to go & visit one day, I just LOVE Scottish people, their accent & their folk music. And I've never seen anything more beautiful than the nature of your country,, you're so lucky Gillian:))

September 25, 2014

If you get the chance, take a picture or two of La Rue du Chat qui Pêche in the 5th arrondissement, and at your convenience, post them on italki -- perhaps in the Notebook section.  It would bring back a bunch of ancient memories for me.  Thanks!

September 24, 2014

Thanks Joy, sadly I am now back home but loved it. Yes I loved Montmartre and would hav gone back to spend the day there but I was exhausted after walking every day before in the sun. I am glad you climbed the Eiffel tower, very brave indeed. I saw the spiral steps in the Arc D' Triumpe and that was heigh enough for me!

I didn't go inside at Versailles Palace though spent the whole day in the gardens, they shut on Mondays so did'nt look inside. I stayed in Versailles but was in Paris the other days. One day I got lost there and on my 'day off' took two hours longer than expected! But I found a little wood my daughter did not know about in their local area!"

Sorry you did not get to Giverny. But as they live there now maybe I will be able to say hello to there and other places.

Sophia I did not know they had more sun than London!

Anna I spent the whole day last Thursday in D'Orsay and loved it it really helped having the audio tour in my head all day. I loved it much better than bigger places. Though it was big anyway and really good to see real works :)

September 24, 2014

Hi!!I visited Paris with my boyfriend two weeks ago and  with my family many years ago so I knew it quite well!I love Notre Dame above all and then Montmartre and Tour Eiffel above all!!I love Louvre too but I prefer Orsay musem because I like impressionism!Then,a little bit less popular place,Shakespeare & Co bookshop..it's magic!

September 24, 2014
Show more