Alex
Learning activities

What kind of learning activities do you perfomance?

There are 11 learning activities which could be used in lessons via skype (written from a student's point of view).
1) Learning new grammar (a teacher gives needed materials in advance, a student learns on his own, then a teacher checks, gives some extra explanation and answer questions on difficult points)
2) Practicing (writing/speaking) of constructing of new sentences with new grammar and being checked by a teacher
3) Learning new vocabulary (a teacher gives needed materials in advance, a student learns on his own, then a teacher checks, gives some extra explanation and answer questions on difficult points)
4) Practicing (writing/speaking) of constructing of new sentences with new vocabulary (based on topic/situation/sphere of life) and being checked by a teacher
5) Reading a topic and making comprehension excercises/or answering questions of a teacher
6) Listening to a topic and making comprehension excercises or answering questions of a teacher
7) Playing dialogues in roles with a teacher
8) Writing an essay with new vocabulary (based on topic/situation/sphere of life) and being checked by a teacher
9) Reading a topic aloud and polishing of pronunciation
10) Practicing of making oral presentation
11) Learning etimology and practice of using idioms/proverbs (a teacher gives needed materials in advance, a student learns on his own, then a teacher checks, gives some extra explanation and answer questions on difficult points)

Sep 19, 2014 12:32 PM
Comments · 3

Alex:

This is an awesome discussion topic. You have listed so many wonderful methods for study on Skype.

My usual method is to send something like the lyrics of a song,  or a Nursery Rhyme,  and have the student repeat each phrase as I read it.   After that,  I explain any word meanings.

However,  I was pleased to see your #7 Playing dialogues in roles with a teacher.

I do that when I have my student   read over the transcription   of the video performance by  "Mr. Bean"

when he does the "Fatal Beatings" performance.

(Available upon  request. Just message me with your e-mail)

There are so many innovative   methods listed that I scarcely know where to begin.

Please continue.  Are you teaching?

September 19, 2014

No, I'm not a teacher, I'm just a learner trying to improve my English.  I prefer sistemized approach of learning, that's why I've opened that discussion. Songs, nursery rhyme tend to have not 'clear' or modern English, don't they? What do you think, Bruce?

September 19, 2014

Very useful

September 19, 2014