[Deleted]
What do you think about TV ?

Usefull or not ?

What do you think about the programs available on TV ?

Sep 19, 2014 5:08 PM
Comments · 24

"Those who read books will always rule over those who watch TV"

September 20, 2014

I totally agree with you Dariana. I can't and don't want to speak about TV all around the world but in France it's very sad to note than the programs and TV Shows offered are more and more silly and stultifying.

September 20, 2014

Frankly speaking, I don't have TV at home :P

I prefer reading books.... in my opinion, it's more useful than watching TV. 

September 20, 2014

I think they can be very useful.

When I was in middle school I spent one summer watching almost exclusively anime dubbed in french (channel called Mangas) all day long. When school started I quickly noticed a considerable improvement in my oral skills and overall vocabulary.

September 20, 2014

"Don't you wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence? There's one marked 'Brightness,' but it doesn't work." -- the comedian "Gallagher"

"When television is good, nothing — not the theater, not the magazines or newspapers — nothing is better. But when television is bad, nothing is worse. I invite each of you to sit down in front of your own television set when your station goes on the air and stay there, for a day, without a book, without a magazine, without a newspaper, without a profit and loss sheet or a rating book to distract you. Keep your eyes glued to that set until the station signs off. I can assure you that what you will observe is a vast wasteland." -- FCC chairman Newton Minow, 1961.

"This instrument can teach, it can illuminate; yes, and even it can inspire. But it can do so only to the extent that humans are determined to use it to those ends. Otherwise, it's nothing but wires and lights in a box."--Edward R. Murrow

February 18, 2015
Show more