Michelle G
你住过在国外了吗?Have you lived abroad?

你住过在国外了吗?

我是一位英国人但是我现在住在上海。来到上海的时候,我非常担心了因为中国的文化跟英国的不一样,所以我对中国有了很多疑惑。

你呢?你住在外国吗?改天你要不要住在外国?

麻烦你跟我介绍经你的验,还是你的期望吧?

Have you lived in a foreign country?

I am English but now I live in Shanghai.  When I arrived in Shanghai, I was very worried because Chinese culture and British culture are not the same, so I had many doubts.

What about you? Do you live in a foreign country? Someday do you want to live in another country?

Could you tell me about your experience or your expectations?

Sep 20, 2014 11:31 AM
Comments · 7

Hi,Michelle G, welcome to China. I don't live in a foreign country now. But someday if I get a chance I'd like to try cause I think the best way to know a place well is to live there and to feel by yourself. However, living in a foreign country is not an easy thing, I think. My foreign teacher asked me for help to handle something in the bank few days ago. She told me her troubles in a foreign country but her problem was about communication. You said you were worrying about the culture difference so what are the differences you'v found? 

September 20, 2014

hi,i have been in the uk for a year and learning law. i am very worry about my english. however, i tried to talk in english and think in english,  finally i got Merit and build good relationship with foreign classmates. u can also make it. trust yourself

September 29, 2014

我还没去过外国,不过非常想去。英国是个很不错的国家,有空要去玩玩。你不用担心你在中国不适应。中国人虽然比较内敛,但是对外国人普遍比较友好,相信你很快就喜欢上中国的。

September 24, 2014

If one day I get a chance maybe I'd like to live in the UK, the US or Japan. I'm learning English and Japanese so it's better for me to go these  countries because of the languages and culture.^_^

September 21, 2014

hi, Michelle G, don't worry about your Chinese I can know your meaning well.^_^

Communication means 沟通 in Chinese and food scandal(do you mean food safety?) means 食品安全问题 or 食品丑闻

I see, you are worrying about communication barriers just like my foreigner teacher. Some documents that you must sign are all Chinese and many shoppers in China are not so good at English. That's really a big problem. I think you can ask your Chinese colleagues or classmates' help, but you must be sure he or she can be trusted. Besides, you can also ask me if you have any doubts. I'm happy to help foreigners and I can also much during this process. But what a pity I'm not in Shanghai now so maybe I can't give you help in time. Anyway, you can leave me a message I'll try my best to help.

September 21, 2014
Show more