asia
Hey friends..help me out with different english accents, e.g british, american nd australian as well.

am university level student, but sadly enough my mother tongue greatly affected the way i speak in english (my accent)..so i would like to do more practice of speaking with native english frnds. thanks.

Sep 20, 2014 7:37 PM
Comments · 5

@ Asia : is it really a problem for you to speak English with a foreign accent ? I'm French and I'm speaking English with a French accent.I wish to have a British or American accent. But actually my English partners like my accent as far as my English level is good.

September 20, 2014

If you're a university level student, could you at least use capital letters when you write in English?

If you show that you're actually serious about English, we'll be glad to help you.

September 20, 2014

As we are non-native speakers actually we won't speak like native, as we get better in English we will have some mistakes that show you are not a native speaker..and you shouldn't be like a native as people understand what you want to say or you get close enough to the correct pronunciation 

so try to imitate how they pronounce the word as you can..it helps you enough 

best wishes for you :) 

September 20, 2014

The Oxford English accent (Received British Pronunciation or The King's English) would be the best accent for every English learner, because it is universally understood by all native-English speakers.

It's non-rhotic; and if there were many words to be spoken with the letter r that is not followed by a vowel sound, then it can be spoken more quickly than a rhotic accent. Furthermore, everybody ought to have his vodka "martini" quickly "served" to him shaken not stirred.

September 20, 2014

The Oxford English accent (Received British Pronunciation or The King's English) would be the best accent for every English learner, because it is universally understood by all native-English speakers. 

It's non-rhotic; and if there are many words to be spoken that have the letter r that is not followed by a vowel sound, then it can be spoken more quickly than a rhotic accent.   Furthermore, everybody ought to have his vodka "martini" quickly "served" to him shaken not stirred. 

September 20, 2014