[Deleted]
Are there any Brits looking for Russian speaking language exchange partners?

Hi,

I've been on this site for ages and hardly managed to find 1 or 2 people who would even care to answer. I understand all the cultural, mentality differences and stuff, but it seems to me that no one is interested in serious language exchange partners anymore.

I was offering free Russian lessons earlier this year, but there wasn't a single reply in the thread. I understand that everyone wants to learn English nowadays and the natives are practically "bombed" with messages from people dying to learn at least some English.

But really... are there any Brits still looking for Russian language exchange partners?

I'm not interested in American English as I have no problems understanding it and some British accents are truly incomrehensible to me.

Am I asking too much of this site? But, again, italki pops in top 3 search results whenever I google "language exchange". So either I'm doing smth so clearly wrong or this site is not for actual language exchange, but more like for finding teachers / students.

Sep 21, 2014 9:58 AM