K P
(silly topic)another source of google mistranslation

lots of Greek words were borowed into other languages. So, 'physike' in Greek should, probably means a lot of things apart from the science, eh?

So, in 'ingredients' section of a pac with green olives they have:
gr. 'physike piperia' (I use transliteration here)
en 'pepper Physics'
fl 'le poivre physique' (the physical pepper?)
ger. Pfeffer Physik
ru перец физики (pepper of Physics).

---
This one can hardly beat 'междупланетная связь' (misspelled 'interplanetary communication', that was later corrected into 'межпланетная связь' which is the same in correct Russian- here they advertized cheap calls to Russia from China) but it's more productive (in the sense of different languages) than recent
|men --------women
человек - женщина| (i.e. human --- woman) which my friend observed in Montenegro on a WC a few days ago...

It proved to be tasty, though I knew it. Nice thing to feed the curvy shapes of Mahtematics since Archimedes.

Sep 21, 2014 4:32 PM
Comments · 2

Βασιλική, thanks. A question was implied, but if learned Greek indeed (I hope I will learn it in future, I have more than one reason to do it), I'd probably find the answer. So I didn't ask it directly

I tried to think in this direction, but since I don't understand, what the 'natural pepper' is.... It maked a little sense.

A 'plain statement' was that.. well, we all notice funny mistranslations on various imported/exported goods. I don't collect such mistakes, but i like them. What I haven't seen before, is the ones that came from a language like Greek (a major source of scienific/religious borrowings). 3 different but funny and meaningful results for 3 of different languages....
And 'pepper of physics' could serve as a name for a Nobel-prize lecture.

October 1, 2014

I couldn't tell if you were asking or plainly stating but "physike" or φυσική is the female version of the adjective φυσικός which means natural or to do woth nature/natural things. Thus Φυσική, the study of natural things and φυσική πιπεριά, natural pepper.

October 1, 2014