alender
Traveling by train...

I prefer traveling  by train than plane becouse you can see landscape to change slowly. What you think?

Sep 22, 2014 9:29 AM
Comments · 5

Then you should travel by train in Croatia. We make jokes about our railway. Trains must go so slowly that, for sure, you'll have time to see landscapes, all bushes, rocks, and so on. Too bad, but it's true.

September 22, 2014

Actually I wish I can say that I prefer traveling by train; because I can't prefer something that I've never tried before! But my biggest dream is to travel by train instead of plane or car, and for the same reason; to enjoy the landscape slowly because I'm not in a hurry :) Most of the novels I read since childhood used to talk about people traveling by trains, so I wish I can try it. As they say: "It's not about the destination, It's about the journey". 

September 22, 2014

I can mention that despite I do like trains, sometimes aircraft is much more convenient. 2-3 times a year I visit my mom in Murmansk region, that is ~1300 km by the railay to the north from my city. It takes ~23 hours to get there by train and I really enjoy it.

But if I want to go to Southern regions (near Black Sea), it takes more than 2 days, so that's really too long, especially if there is no air conditioning in a train-car.

Needless to say that it's MUCH longer to travel to the East. It might take a week to travel from Moscow to Vladivostok (near Korean peninsula), and it's a very interesting trip if you are just travelling and have enough time. For business trips time is essential.

By all means, flights are much better in some cases. 

September 22, 2014

Yeah, I've found that I took lots of pictures and short videos of the train travel in China, and that's all about the outside scenery pictures! I couldn't close my eyes and fall asleep easily.

September 22, 2014
This content violates our Community Guidelines.
September 22, 2014