French-ement Votre.
Dreaming in foreign language

When one learn several languages, it sometimes happens that we mix them by speaking. But I remember once, when I was adolecente, in a dream, I spoke and I began looking for a word. Then I realized that in my dream, I spoke German, the language which I learnt then. Does it happen to you to dream in a foreign language? 

Sep 23, 2014 6:40 PM
Comments · 4

I have dreamed in foreign languages, and like Luigi, found myself speaking far better in the dream than I can when awake.  Perhaps when the body is asleep, it doesn't get in the way of the mind.  Dunno.

"dunno" -  A very, very informal word meaning "don't know."  Don't use it on your English tests!

September 23, 2014

Yes, it has happened to me a couple of times.

I remember it was amazing: along all the dream, me and other people were speaking the language I was learning. The funniest think was that everything seemed so easy! We simply spoke, in daily situations, all along the dream,  and in a copletely natural and fluent way, a language which in the reality gave me headaches and shivers.

Only once I woke up, I realized  how hard had been my "performance".

What's a pity it was just a dream!

September 23, 2014

I had my first dreaming experience almost a month ago when I decided absolutely to learn English before die. It was awesome. The day before I spent all the day watching/reading in English and when I fell asleep I remember I was talking with someone in English. Obviosly, I don't remember what I was saying but next day I felt pretty motivated to continue. Nowadays, my English is improved, and I must say that in these last two months I've made the work than I never made in 20 years.
I'm so proud of me. Now I have a lot of time and I am looking for a serious person who wants to start a fixed programme of English/Spanish/Italian in order to learn.

September 23, 2014

For, it happens sometimes. Most of the time,  I notice after I wakup.

September 23, 2014