Nevzat
Which computer games do you suggest for improving English ?

I think MMORPG (multiplayer massive role playing games) like World Of Warcraft, Eve Online are good.

What do you think ?

Sep 23, 2014 8:21 PM
Comments · 7

You're right. The newest ones are only the reproductions of the old ones. But I am happy with that, older games, but with better graphics, sound, new options, multiplayer, that's what I like.

September 24, 2014

Yes yes, Nwn, Baldurs Gate, Paradox Games (EU, HOI,CK, VIC), Sierra And Lucas Arts Games all of them are great ! I share with you same feelings. Old Games are great !

September 23, 2014

Mass Effect would be the best option.

September 23, 2014

Definitely adventure games. At least, when I was younger, about 20 years ago and started learning English I played a lot of adventure games. My first were Lucasarts productions, like Secret of Monkey Island (1&2), Indiana Jones, games from Sierra (all of "Quests"). It was the best way to learn English, because you had to know it to play, especially in very first adventure games (Larry or Police Quest 1)where everything had to be written. Take something, Use something with something, etc.

These games are popular now, too. Even Monkey Island (1&2)were remastered in new versions. I like Sherlock Holmes and other detective games.

I've never been a fan of RPG, but I remember Betrayal at Krondor, also good for learning English, especially during the childhood.

I would also recommend strategy games, like Europa Universalis/Hearts of Iron/Crusader Kings/Victoria. To this very day I have problems with fully understaning all of vocabulary and I learn English from them.

September 23, 2014

Baldurs Gate has a novel :) If i'll choose single player game, it would be Baldurs Gate definitely.

September 23, 2014
Show more