Amanda
In some countries, the proportion of people aged 15 or younger is increasing. What effects will it have?

In some countries, the proportion of people aged 15 or younger is increasing. What effects will it have?

Sep 26, 2014 7:21 AM
Comments · 14

Both positive and negative. Looking at processes of ageing of Western but also Asian populations (especially in countries like Poland, Germany, Italy, China, Japan), it is better to have young than older population.

Looking at countries with such, young populations (India, Arabic countries, Africa) one can see it is also a problem, having too much babies means better prospects for the future for a family and for a country but also more problems in the beginning. Such countries have to invest more in education, health and social welfare, oriented on children and their mothers.

I live in a country which has ageeing population, Polish population is declining and ageeing very rapidly. Result for me is simple I will get no pention at all, I will have to economize to have my own cash beeing old, I have to make children, because they are the only chance for me, not to die in solitude and poverty.

Frankly speaking I like Chinese ideas, where children have to help their older parents, it is reasonable and natural. In western countries, (but not in Poland, thankfully which is family oriented)children forget about their parents and this is nasty. I would not like to be treated in this way.

September 26, 2014

Amanda Yao:

It is  a subject of great interest. I think the overall effect is that the youth will be more subject to

manipulation  by the mass media.  The ability of youth to understand  such manipulation is already minimal.  In the future,  it will show that the feelings of youth are greatly manipulated, because  youth

can be subject  to arbitrating all questions on the basis of their "feeling"  rather than  reason or fact.

September 28, 2014

Charles, if you want to keep your profile, you could delete your phone number from your profile and then flag this discussion so that this is deleted and your phone number is removed from this public forum and your phone number is kept private for your sake.  Flagging discussion threads isn't always ideal, but in this case it would be very much to your benefit. 

September 26, 2014

Amanda, I think you need to be at least 15 years of age or older to use this website.  If your profile pic is an actual and recent picture of you, then I can hardly believe that you are 15 years of age or older. 

September 26, 2014

Also, it's probably not a good idea to put your phone number on your italki profile.  This is an unsecured website that anybody can access. 

September 26, 2014
Show more