[Deleted]
How to find your people?

Hi! I'm Zoya and I'm teenager. Recently I've understood that I'm the most typical teenager that you ever see. I have pimples on my face and I'm very very timid. My classmates say I'm nerd, but I'm not nerd, of course. I'm very honest, kind and ambitions person, but nobody wants to notice those things, so that I feel lonely. I never have friends, to say nothing of boyfriend or anything else. The only thing I have is italki where people don't criticize you and here I've met interesting people. Thank you! I conceived this post to ask you about your young years. Have you got the same problem like I have now? And have you found people with whom you feel happy? May be at university or at your work or in a web. Leave the comments and I will be happy!

Sep 26, 2014 8:13 PM
Comments · 15

Hi Zoya! I experienced a similar situation when I was your age. As I teenager, I grew apart from my childhood friends and felt lonely for several years until I met some really wonderful people who understood me perfectly. Don't worry – I promise you, it will happen to you too. If you don't get along with the people in your school right now, try to focus on doing the activities you enjoy to make yourself happy (like you have done here on italki!), and good people will come along naturally. My best friends now are certainly not the same people I went to school with as a teenager! I met most of them at university, or while traveling around the world. It sounds like you know who you are at heart - You are clearly a strong, intelligent young woman, and that is something to be proud of...so stay true to yourself, and don't feel like you need to change your personality to fit in with the crowd. :)

October 23, 2014

When I was a kid I had the same problem: my <em>dear</em> ex school's classmate said me that (I'm nerd) because I have a few friends, I like to be in my house watching TV or playing videogames and I didn't go out with them.

Actually I don't have that problem. With time, you make new friends and the accept you.

October 23, 2014

Namaste Zoya! Nice to meet u! Everything is change with age and with contact good friends. You are most welcome for our good friendship 

October 23, 2014

No, I didn't have anything like that. =) I know how to get along with people.

September 26, 2014

Hi Zoya

I'm Poy from Thailand

Nice to meet you

And you can talk with me 

I will ne your friend ;)

September 26, 2014
Show more