Dave
I would like to schedule language exchanges

Creo que el problema con un intercambio de idiomas en este sitio es que no hay nadie es disponible al mismo tiempo y no hay manera de hacer una cita con alguien. Me gustaría decir que el lunes, miércoles y jueves estoy disponible desde uno a tres de la tarde. Esto es para personas que hablan español y quieren aprender inglés. Esto podria funcionar bien para la gente que vive en España, ya que es durante la noche y usted no puede estar trabajando. Si está interesado, me envía un mensaje y voy a tratar de ponerse en contacto con usted el miércoles o jueves.

I think the problem with language partners on this site is that no one is available at the same time and there is no way to make an appointment with someone. I would like to say that on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday I am available from one to three in the afternoon. This is for people who speak Spanish and want to learn English. This could work well for people who live in Spain because that is during night time and you may not be working. If interested, send me a message and I will try to contact you Wednesday or Thursday.

Sep 29, 2014 7:56 PM
Comments · 39

I agree.  I'd mentioned that on another discussion.  Make it like instant tutoring, but free. 

September 30, 2014

I just thought I'd mention that Skype allows more than two callers to be connected at one time.  So if fear is a reason that people don't take these kinds of invitations it is possible to connect more people and those that are fearful can just listen & speak up only when they feel comfortable.  We could do it audio only, and ask that people type what they're saying as they say it to make it easier for all.

I've never done a multi caller connection but I can see that it could work pretty well.  I expect to call Gio on Wednesday around 1:00pm my time (CDT, check my profile to see what my local time is compared to yours) and if you'd like to join, send me a message with your Skype ID and I'll include you.

September 30, 2014

I understand. It's a great idea and I hope it works out for you.

It would be great if there was a feature that allowed for scheduling Free Language exchange with other users similar to booking sessions with Tutors/Teachers. 

:)

September 30, 2014

I spent months looking for language partners for regular scheduled meetings. I am not saying it is impossible but it does take a lot of time and effort.

I managed to find a French partner and we worked together for a few weeks then her schedule changed.

I was working with a Russian partner and my schedule changed. I gave up on finding language partners for regular scheduled meetings and decided to bite the bullet and just pay for regular lessons. That was the best decision I made because now I can work with teachers on my schedule. 

I still meet with different language partners occassionally when we happen to be on skype at the same time but its tough finding someone who ( A. ) is Serious ( B.) is Dependable ( C.) Schedule matches up.

A Teacher/Tutor still has to meet the above criteria but at least you know they are committed.

P.S. The best site I've found for comparing time zones is time.is/compare

September 30, 2014

@Gio Su español parece ser muy bueno.

Para mí nunca ha funcionado el tema de intercambiar Skype con personas que no conozco en esta página, es decir, con los hablantes nativos. La mayoría de personas que he agregado son de Estados Unidos y Canadá y siempre me escriben para hacer comentarios racistas o xenófobos, ya que soy de Colombia. El tema de la diferencia horaria no me ha ayudado para practicar con personas del Reino Unido, Irlanda o Australia. Tal vez haya que cambiar de estrategia para practicar idiomas.

¡Saludos!

September 30, 2014
Show more