[Deleted]
Learning Japanese

I want to learn japanese but I am too lazy to spend in language "tutorials" and stuff... I spend the time I have for studying watching anime instead T_T
so... if someone could teach me using anime and manga as reference it would be a bliss ^ ^
nothing complicated just conversation basics and such... I am really hopeless in what it takes for studying... - -'

Sep 30, 2014 3:51 AM
Comments · 16

Another option is just to be satisfied with translations. It sounds like learning Japanese is difficult and boring to you, so why do it? The amount of effort you're willing to invest might get you some minor success in similar languages, but Japanese takes a lot more. Without motivation, success is unlikely.

October 3, 2014

Are you watching anime and reading manga in Japanese or in translation? 

October 3, 2014

I understand that you treat this as a hobby and you don't want to treat it like work. But I'm sorry to say that learning a language is a LOT of work. If you want to gain a working knowledge of Japanese, you're going to have to dedicate a few hours a day to the language. Sometimes, language learning is fun, but a lot of times, it's tedious and at times boring. So, really, you are going to need to really want to learn the language. If you don't have the drive or desire, you're not going to get very far. I too am extremely busy in my day to day life, but I devote at least an hour or two to my current target language (Dutch). I've only been studying for four months, but I am able to currently hold conversations completely in Dutch. So, I suggest you reassess your desire to learn Japanese. Unfortunately, you can't skip over the basics before getting into the more complex stuff. Good luck with your studies.

October 3, 2014

I agree with what Kelsey said. 

October 3, 2014

You could try http://subs2srs.sourceforge.net/

and using Anki.

I didn't "only" use this to learn japanese but I did use it to learn and watch my favorite anime movie "Spirited Away" without needing any subtitles.

You can make flashcards of your favorite anime and study them using spaced repetition software(aka Anki).

If you're serious about learning Japanese I can also tell you about some books and other methods I used, but I don't wanna bore you with all the details lol.

October 3, 2014
Show more