Mumtaz
Community Tutor
Donating organs?

Do you want to donate your organs after your death? Are you ready to consider this idea to help others?

Oct 2, 2014 11:53 PM
Comments · 66

Yes, of course I will. I can't imagine having the power to save someone's life and refusing to do it.

October 3, 2014

Some religions or beleifs do object to some or all organ donations, but then so do some people for non religious reasons, they may feel it is too hard to talk about when someone has died, they may be in grief, or do not like the idea. It is not what I would do, I would donate, but I can respect those who do not, it does not make them a bad person. Perhaps the more that people talk about it the less it will become taboo, but it cannot happen overnight for every nation, culture or group.  We can be part of the change, it used to be really taboo here but it is better than it was. Though much improvement needs to happen.

October 7, 2014

@Charlescuy: not at all; Islam is with donating organs & I assume all other religions are the same. I didn't say they don't want to donate or that there was a resistance, all I meant to say & I hope my English help me; If I mention something I intend to do after I'm gone, it's like I'm saying I'm dying soon. So I didn't even get to the point where I tell them I want to donate my organs & ask them if they want to do the same.

October 3, 2014

I did the first step today and signed for my organs donation, YAY :)

December 29, 2014

This video related to organ donation is very inspiring as well as touching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NsncrD6Q8c

November 8, 2014
Show more