Banana girl
Conversation

Hello world!  I want to learn to speak in Japanese and wanted to know how to go about it? I have very little experience with Japanese. I occasionally watch Japanese cartoon or dramas. And I was wondering if you could give me some suggestions?  what should i learn first?  Is there any tips you could share? And what could i learn in a month to be able to say or ask basic things in Japanese?  Many thanks in advance! :D

Oct 9, 2014 11:32 PM
Comments · 5

Learn hiragana, katakana, and basic kanji at the same time it would make your life easier. Their are a lot of youtube videos teaching Japanese. Get a anki app to remember vocab and kanji that will help you to remember kanji, grammar points and vocabulary. Start getting children's books and easy manga to ready to make your study more enjoyable. Memerise is also good to help you with grammer points and vocabulary. 

Youtubers teaches Japanese:

JapaneseJoshi-Beginner to Advanced

Rachel & Jun-Advanced

Learn Japanese From Zero-He is funny and breaks it down very well Beginner to Advanced

Abroadin Japan-He is very funny and breaks down how to study Japanese. Low intermediate to Advanced

chocoNIKKI-She speaks Japanese and Korean Intermerdiate to Advanced 

Japanese Pod 101.com Recommend this one first as a starter Beginner to Advanced

Radio Station J pop

http://www.korl971.com/

I hope this helps!

October 10, 2014

Thank you everyone for the advice! I'll do my best :D ganbatte kudasai!

October 10, 2014

I think that making a Japanese friend in your city is a best wat to get used to speaking in Japanese in a short time. If you like Japanese animation and dramas, there should be some natives in London who are very familiar with them. You might be able to find some language exchange partner in life. Learning in person is the best way to learn speaking a foreign language. Good luck.

October 10, 2014

Because Japanese is so different you have to lay some solid foundations first. Learn Kana, it doesn't take long and will enable to use books like Genki which is the textbook for many beginner Japanese colurses at universities around the world.

Most importantly, don't give up! Japanese is hard but it is also a lot of fun, I love languages but none like I love Japanese.

October 10, 2014

Hi Dannie

I have downloaded some useful apps which are helping me learn Japanese. They are:

- Imiwa (this is a useful Japanese dictionary)

- Japanese by SquarePoet Inc (I am finding this useful to learn numbers, it can also help you learn Kanji)

- TenguGo Kana (this is helping me learn the Hiragana, the quizzes are very helpful)

October 10, 2014