Kate
A Room of One's Own

Virginia Woolf advanced the thesis: A woman must have money and a room of her own if she is to write novels in the essay A Room of One's Own.

It occurred to me that woman should be financial independence or just rely on man?  Well, of course, everyone agrees being financial independence is better. But in China many women study hard, work and work hard to get a bright future but it's a tough and long way. And maybe they spend many years achieving it. However, other women just choose to marry good and successful men to live a better life. They even don't pay any efforts by themselves but they can get a satisfied life earlier and easier than those who earn things by themselves. So many people ask the question: for women, doing best to earn things by yourself or just finding and marrying good and successful men , which way is better?

What's the situation in your country or what do you think? 

Oct 12, 2014 4:09 PM
Comments · 4

A Room of One's Own is my favorite book by Virginia Woolf. 

Virginia Woolf was married to a successful man AND was successful herself. 

Living one's life THROUGH another is not satifsying or rewarding. Even if you marry a wealthy man, in order to be successful you actually have to do something for yourself and by yourself to create true SELF WORTH. 

October 12, 2014

I think what matters the most is education. Every girl should get a proper education in order to be able to depend on herself. For me, marrying a rich or financially stable man is not enough. Because u never know what happens in the future. I need to be able to support myself if I end up on my own. 

October 12, 2014

Sorry, it was border not borden is a wrong word. 

October 22, 2014

Personally view, a Taiwanese female would perfer to work outside rather than say at home, for the reason, in order to increase their knowledge; likewise, you said to learn by herself, and most of people think housewife just for the storytype of cooking, clearning, washing, and caring, without education other worldly. 

Revserely to borden my mind, which is turning over centuries into digital pages breakthough supporting people to obtain and acquire testing in professional field with high-tech internet access, you are enable to approach and learn by yourself, much better than insight into on your own naive incorrectively, not only for yourself, but also for your future children. 

October 22, 2014