Raffaele
looking forward to find a teacher

Dear All, I am writing because I would like to find an English teacher that fits my requirements. I am an Italian lawyer based in Rome. I work on a tight schedule, usually from 9am to 9pm, with one hour lunch break. I have just gotten back from a sabbatical year, during which I have studied English both in London and in the U.S. My final goal is to get a job in a European Union institution. That makes crucial both retaining and improving my English, whose current level is 107/120 at TOEFL Ibt , equal to 8 at IELTS and to the European C1. In order to achieve this ambitious goal, I would need to be followed by a professional teacher, with whom I would like to have daily lessons. I want him/her to be a professional, mother-tongue on-line teacher, who does on-line teaching for a living, for at least a couple of reasons. First, I would like to establish a longstanding professional relationship with him. In fact, I had some experiences with non-professional teachers through Italki, and they all ended up quitting the course because the alleged teachers had found other jobs in the meanwhile. Although there are always chances for a course to be quitted unexpectedly, I believe that professional on-line teachers offer much more stability. Moreover, I do not like much flexibility in re-scheduling lessons on both sides. Of course I would understand if re-scheduling occurs once in awhile, but it has not to be ordinary. I might reschedule, for example, for job reasons, since sometimes I am asked to go to Milan for a couple of days or to partake some court hearings throughout Italy. If you do not possess these features, please do not step forward: it would be dysfunctional to start a program and to have it quitted after a couple of weeks. I trust, therefore, in your professionalism. The lessons have to be done at 8 am, Italian time (GMT +1), 4 or 5 days per week, and they have to last for 30 minutes. They have to be mainly focused on speaking, on one side, and enhancing and retaining vocabulary, on the other side. In fact, I do a lot of listening and reading on my own, through watching and reading the news in English. Lessons have to be interactive and stimulating: I have been taught by several language teachers in my life, and it makes me able to detect almost immediately if I am dealing with a good one. We can start the program and realize that we are not made for each other. As far as payment is concerned, I will pay every week in advantage. I can pay either through Italki or bank transfer, even though I prefer the last method. I would like to negotiate a weekly/monthly price based on the teacher's experience. If you believe that you meet the above requirements, then contact me in private! I am looking forward to find the best teacher for me! Rafa

Oct 21, 2014 7:43 AM