Patri Alv F
Political and business leaders: corruption.

Nowadays, the increase of corruption cases is exponencial. I'm from Spain and the situation here is uncontrolled. No one (politicals, business leaders) can say that it is not corrupt. Many cases investigated and no one pays for it, because they has the power. What is the situation in your country?

Oct 21, 2014 12:17 PM
Comments · 12

If people are put into power without the need for approval of the governed. There will always be corruption, because by nature man is corrupt. Dont put faith in men, put faith in systems that prevent their corruptions from being allowed and from growing.

October 22, 2014

Some of the media is corrupt too :)

October 21, 2014

Well I think we have to accept that there will always be some level of corruption, things will never be perect. I'm from the USA and while we do have corruption, it's not nearly as bad as other places. When you go to other countries and see the corruption going down to a very low level on the totem pole such as with the police, then you know you have real problems. I'm not trying to sound incensitive and I WANT to be politically correct when I say this - and please everyone that's reading this I want you to know I don't mean this in a bad or insulting way - but go to an underdevloped or a third world country, whatever you want to call it. Then you will know what corruption REALLY is.

While there's corruption in the USA and I think in the west too, it's not nearly as bad as other countries and I would say for myself personally that there's never been a better time then right now to live in the western part of the world. Yes, that includes Spain too. We have an unbelievable amount of freedoms and opportunities in the western part of the world then we have ever had before in our history (the history that we are knowledgeable about). 

No matter what problems my country might have, I thank god I was born in the USA and there's no other country that I would rather call home. One more point I would like to make, if Sh*t hits the fan, there's no place I would rather be then the USA. We have Canada to the North and Mexico to the south - no enemies on our continent. I dare say there's no safer place then the USA if sh*t hits the fan. 

As far as Spain goes, while I don't have any experience with just how corrupt it is I would say you're very lucky to have been born in Spain. I love your country and if there is any country that I might ever relocate to permanently in the future, it would be Spain!

October 22, 2014

Davide - I am glad you are not an "ordinary man" who feels that there is little that can be done in the face of corruption.

October 21, 2014

Hi, I'm from Italy and here the situation is quite similar to Spain. A few years ago the politicians and media said that the Mafia was only in the south of Italy but now that we have more information we can see that the corruption is everywhere and in all the sectors such as industrial,healthcare and scholastic.

However I'm optimistic and I think that if we denounce all these injustices we can change our nation,there still to much omerta and we must beat this fear!

October 21, 2014
Show more