Silvia
"Sweatshop" documentary

Hi everybody!

I just came across thin documentary on the web "Sweatshop", it's a documentary recorded by three norwegian guys about the working conditions of the textile industry's workers (you can find it in Norwegian, subbed in Spanish).

They went to Cambodia and shoot this documentary in some factories there.

Have anyone of you seen it? What do you think about it?

(I'm sorry for the "hot" topic but I found it interesting)

Oct 21, 2014 8:16 PM
Comments · 5

http://www.aftenposten.no/webtv/serier-og-programmer/sweatshop/sweatshopespanol/Trailer---No-puedo-ms-7706509.html?paging=&section=

Here you can find all the videos... They are five and they're not very long... I'm watching them right now.
They talk about how workers are exploited and how low their salary is.

I totally agree with you when you say that we are too "self-centered", reading your phrase "a flaw in our primate brains" made me think over a weird idea: the idea of exploiting poor nations in order to permit to richer nations to live better and with all comforts couldn't be compared to the ancient, self-centered idea "if you die, I'll survive?". Isn't the "logic" of multinational industries the same? It looks like a war (and I'm afraid that it actually IS a war...)...

I am aware that I simplified too much the idea, but I found it interesting, in a way...

October 21, 2014

Is it in tv ?

October 21, 2014

Nevzat, I'm sorry but I found it only wit Spanish subtitles... :(

October 21, 2014

Subject of film is interesting. I watched trailer. How could I watch it in English ?

October 21, 2014

Hi Sylvia! Do you have any other specific info on this particular documentary? I can't seem to find it.

What I think is that we live in an age of extreme consumerism but are too self-centered to give it up (a flaw in our primate brains).

What do you think?

October 21, 2014