Berneddi M.Ed. Engl.
Different types of transport you used today? Which type is the best and which is the worst? Why? And overseas?

What city or country are you from, and what different types of transport did you use today? In your opinion, which type of transport is the best and which is the worst? Why? Is there some really interesting mode of transport you have tried in another country, or that you would like to try?

Oct 22, 2014 4:54 PM
Comments · 9

Here is the greeny comment! :)

Today I walked everywhere; for me, walking is unbeatable.

Personally, the worst type of transport has to be the car (closely followed by the motorcycle) - a 1200 kg ear-splitting and polluting metal womb used to take (in most cases) 1 person around. Future generations will look back and ask "what were we thinking??"

October 23, 2014

I'm from Montreal in Canada! I mostly use the car, buses or the subway. Cars are definitely the best you don't have to wait in unpleasant weather and you're not restricted to a schedule (which almost never coordinate with each other). When I go to school I do take the bus and the subway because in the longterm it is cheaper, and you have a little bit of extra time to finish some schoolwork haha ;)

October 22, 2014

I'm from Belo Horizonte in Brazil (ha!) and today I went to school by car and came back home on foot. Personally, I think that a car is the best kind of transport because it is fast. For example, it took me five minutes to get me to school this morning.For me the worst kind is the bus because I have to wait a very long time at the bus stop and it isn't comfortable. I usually wait about fifteen minutes for the bus and sometimes I have to stand the whole trip. We don't have a subway system in BH and I think it is interesting. The subway in São Paulo is very good.

October 22, 2014

Hi Tiletha!

You say Atlanta does not have extensive public transportation. I was wondering if you have experience of any good public transport systems in cities anywhere else?

October 23, 2014

I live here in Atlanta, GA and the best transportation here is car because buses and e-trains are only in city of Atlanta and some parts of Metro Atlanta. If you live in the outskirts of Atlanta your only option is a car. Here have a lot of HOV lanes that are free until to hit into the suburbs on the free way which is one county does this crap. Atlanta have bad traffic anyway due to lack of public transportation. 

October 23, 2014
Show more