wanda
the sentence is too long for me to understand.Can you help me split it into several simple sentences

A goof in film making is an error made during film production which finds its way into the final released picture

Oct 24, 2014 4:13 AM
Comments · 6

Yes, I see your misunderstanding. "Making" (although very often is a verb form) in this sentence is not used as a verb, but it goes together with "film" to make the <em>Noun Phrase</em> "film making".

You might also consider it a Gerund, and Gerunds in grammar act like nouns. Maybe you can research <em>Noun Phrases</em> to learn more.

Happy English learning to you!

October 24, 2014

A goof in film making is an error made during film production. the goof in film making finds its way into the final released picture.穿帮镜头是电影制作时的一些失误。这些镜头最终会在影片播放的画面中体现出来。

October 24, 2014

... or "film making" can represent a <em>Compound Noun</em>.

There are lots of Web resources on <em>Compound Nouns</em>. Here's a good one, entitled "A Noun in Verb's Clothing", that shows "NOUN + GERUND" as such an example: [ http://minnesota.publicradio.org/radio/podcasts/grammar_grater/archive/2009/03/19/ ;].

October 24, 2014

why don't we write A goof in film made,but A goof in film making?

October 24, 2014

A goof in film making is an error made during film production. After production, it finds its way into the final released picture. Such errors seen in released pictures are called goofs.

How's that? Clearer with shorter sentences?

October 24, 2014
Show more