Gabriela
Brazil Through Foreign Eyes

Hello, people! I doing a school research about stereotypes and I want to know what you think about Brazil. What comes in your mind when you hear the word Brazil? I'm looking for people who are willing to make a video answering these questions. I think it would be really interesting. If you're interested, you can contact me and we talk more about it. If you wont, you can just answer this post with your testimony. Thank you for your contribution!

Oct 24, 2014 2:41 PM
Comments · 11

According to stereotypes everyone in Brazil can play soccer and every woman has a nice butt and is able to dance Zamba. Besides, in Brazil a big percentual of people are evangelists and they hate Argentins and they don't care about other countries set in the area. 

In my opinion instead Brazil is a nice place with an amazing history. Brazil was conquered by Portugueses and this fact make Brazil a very different country in comparison with other countries from Lat.Ame. 
PS: I like Brazil and I felt bad when it lost the worldcup :(  

October 24, 2014

The first thing comes to my mind is Brazillian coffee :)

I've never met a Brazillian in my entire life, yet I only met few through italki & I found out that they're extra kind and really polite.

October 24, 2014

Brazilians have style - the way you dance, the way you play football. Brazilians are the coolest people around.

October 24, 2014

I think of Brazil as very large, with the Amazon, rain forests, amazing ecological diversity with many issues of sustainability.  I think of music, of Latin dancing and singing, and soccer of course.  Tribes in the deep jungle who haven't made contact with "civilization".  Very rich and very poor.  

October 24, 2014

Brazilians spend their time doing parties, having fun, etc....They should start working one day

October 24, 2014
Show more