Dana
Professional Teacher
What's the hardest part about learning verbs in Spanish?

Spanish has many verb conjugations compared to most of the languages. So I was wondering how hard is this for foreigner speakers. How do you learn verbs? Do you have some tricks to learn them? Are there some verb conjugations that you just give up? Are they harder as you go farther, or they become easier?
I'm asking all this questions because some day I would like to make some things for foreigners to learn Spanish, but I can't provide easy and fun ways of learning if I don't know the foreigners point of view. So I would like to know your opinions.
(:

Oct 24, 2014 5:06 PM
Comments · 8

ALL!!!!!

October 27, 2014

I agree with Dave that knowing when to use the different verbs tenses is one of the hardest thing to learn. In the past, I’ve used a Spanish grammar workbook and watched YouTube videos that covered grammar rules but saw very little progress. However, I ended up finding a YouTube channel that teaches students when to use each verb tense without teaching the specific grammar rules. The method they used focused on what triggered the use of each verb tense, which I found highly effective. As far as learning verbs, I started with memorizing the common ones first and learned more as I went along.

October 27, 2014

Lo mejor que puedes hacer es hablar o chatear con alguien que hable español muy bien. Solo crea una conversacion de lo que quieras y asi te vas soltando para hablar no tienes q memorizar verbos si no te sabes expresar. 

Puedo ayudarte con el español y tu ayudarme a aprender ingles. 

You help me learn english lenguage 

October 26, 2014

I just learned through practice honestly there really isn't a shortcut or really "fun" way to learn them. Although I would say you can use certain conditions that will make you practice certain tenses asking someone questions that would make them use the imperfecto or preterito things like that.  Lists are a good reference but aren't really good for getting them into your head you need to use them frequently for that to happen. 

October 25, 2014

Many people have told me <em>subjunctive</em>, <em>ser</em> and <em>estar</em>, <em>prepositions</em>, use of <em>la</em>, <em>lo</em> and <em>le</em> and <em>preterite</em>.

October 27, 2014
Show more