Judy Lee
Do you have any unique standard of beauty in your country?

In Korea, we think people with small heads are more beautiful.
So it is very common to say 'Hey you have a really small head!' to people who have small heads and they take that as compliments. But if you have a big head people will think it's a defect.

Does this standard also exits in your country? I'm curious.
Do you have any unique standard of beauty in your country? If you do, please tell me!

Oct 25, 2014 10:19 AM
Comments · 15

Really? Wow. I should avoid Korea then. My head is HUGE.

I can't think of anything that is particular to the United States. That is, something that is peculiar to just here that is not true in other places. I used to think it was odd that people here prefer small noses so much. My nose doesn't work very well and I have envied my friends with "Gallic" noses. Their sense of smell is much more powerful than mine is. But people the world over get surgery to make their noses small. Such a pity.

October 25, 2014

Hello,In Indonesia,people will said a woman's beautiful she has good attitude,good smile and how good she do her personabillity. in other words, someone's look isn't always be a standart of beauty here.^^

October 25, 2014

Your topics are always interesting Judy Lee and I enjoy reading them:)

you would probably feel guilty if you tell someone here about the small head, because this would be understood as an insult since the small head can indicate that they have a small brain;) so it's really amazing to know that about Korea... 

Where I come from the standards of beauty in the past (50 years ago) were the full-fat body for women because that is a sign that the girl is wealthy and she could eat what ever she wants;) hehe

For 20 years now the standards are mostly about the fair skin, blond hair and coloured eyes! And of course thin and tall body! The majority here don't like tan to dark skin even though this is thier true complexion, so unfortunately most of the girls use whitening creams and lots of make up, you hardly know how the girls really look like until she washes her face! They don't really appreciate their natural Beauty!

October 25, 2014

In Brazil, women are considered beautiful if they are tall, thin, have blond and smooth hair, are heterosexual and young.

http://www.hypeness.com.br/2014/07/o-que-a-imagem-da-mulher-brasileira-na-midia-tem-a-ver-com-a-democratizacao-da-comunicacao/

Men are considered beautiful if they have huge muscles and no body hair.

http://www.slideshare.net/HerizeteStaneck/padroes-de-beleza

October 25, 2014

That's really interesting, Judy! I work with many koreans. I will call them tiny-head next time we meet, lol. Here the beauty patterns are those you can see on magazines. My pattern is far from those.

October 29, 2014
Show more