Tala
Hello every body i need some one to help me in learn english .. I come from jordan :)
Oct 26, 2014 12:28 AM
Comments · 3

I think it's very difficult to learn a foreign language without conversational skills.  You can do all the grammar and reading exercises and be able to read and write with good comprehension, but unless you have listening and speaking practice, you won't be understood when you travel.

The best way is to find a native speaker who will chat with you.

Cheers

October 26, 2014

I'm learning english too. What's your level? I think is very difficult because we study enough grammar but we can't practise and then forgot it.

October 26, 2014

It is so difficult to find someone to talk to... Maybe it is partially because of the different time zones that it is so hard to set up a convenient time for both parts. But you are definitely right. We can not just focus on grammar and forget about the other skills. The knowledge of grammar is not enough to learn a language. It is neccesary and important to use those grammatical structures accordingly in real conversational situations, but also deal with the unexpected factors that arise. We learn how to talk by talking, and we need lots of input to express ourselves as well. At the beginning you might feel very uncomfortable when talking to someone though, because you don´t have that much expertise, fluency, accuracy... which makes difficult the communication. So my piece of advice would be to work on fluency at the beginning by thinking in English, talking to yourself everyday, watching lots of tv series online... I do not know. I hope you do not get me wrong, I am not crazy... But it is easier to increase your fluency and build up some confidence later on when speaking with someone. 

March 7, 2015