Mary
Medical Spanish and listening to rapid Spanish

I am looking for resources on helping me listen to spanish better.  What podcasts or blogs or other resources do you recommend?  I often get nervous when I hear rapid Spanish at the clinic I work at.  New patients arrive and rapidly discuss their diagnoses in Spanish.  

Oct 28, 2014 12:34 PM
Comments · 5

www.newsinslowspanish.com

Weekly news articles with a slow audio and a normal speed audio with transcription and translations. 

I have used many other resources.... this is the best for me.  Gotta pay but worth it.

October 31, 2014

I'm learning english, but the things I do to improve my listening and speaking are the same I like to do in Spanish. I watch movies, series, news in English, videos in YouTube about things I interested in. If you really want to improve your listening and speaking, you need to listen a lot of Spanish, and if you want to listen a lot of Spanish, you need to find something really you like it. ( I also read to improve my vocabulary, grammar and enjoy of course).

La mayoría de las series que ves en inglés, las puedes ver en español por ejemplo “The game of Thrones”, “How I met your Mother”, etc. La mayoría de las películas que puedes ver en inglés están dobladas al español. En youTube encontrarás cientos de videos sobre medicina y otros temas en español.

Y lo mejor que puedes hacer es hablar con hispanohablantes todo lo que puedas.

October 30, 2014

spanishlistening.org 

spanishpod101.com

Watch videos on Youtube 

October 28, 2014

Recording what they say. It is the bast material for you)

October 28, 2014

I can share what I use. But I don't know if they are suitable for you since I don't know your level of Spanish, but check them out, I hope you can find something useful! I live in Sweden so the site I use the most for listening practice is swedish (ur.se). When at ur.se just write "spanska" in the search area (top right corner) and the spanish videos will appear below. 

UR.se (short videos for basic spanish practice)

Youtube.com (lingusTV channel on youtube)

Aida (sitcom)

Aquí no hay quien viva (sitcom)

La que se avecina (sitcom)

However there might be something more relevant to your work situation, like medical podcasts or something, but that is not something I know anything about.

Hope this helps a little!

October 28, 2014