Anna
how do you prepare tea??

Hello.. I really love tea, even if in Italy it's not a common drink! So can you suggest me how to prepare a perfect tea??

Oct 28, 2014 9:11 PM
Comments · 26

Tea is a common thing in Turkey. It can't be replaced especially for breakfasts ^.^ We use 2-part teapots which we call as "çaydanlık". A small one for putting the tea leaves and some water in it. And a bigger one for just water. When it almost boils turn off the heat. When the water in smaller one (name's "demlik") runs out, use the bigger one's for filling again. You can always use kettle if you don't have time, but the long way is more delicious.
P.S: Sorry if my English is bad and if i talked too much ^.^

October 29, 2014

Su.Ki

Tea was originally brought to India by British. So our original way is the same as you desribed. Later on people started making it in different ways. One of it as you described. Boiling water first, then add tea leaves in the same bowl while water is still boiling, then add sugar, then creamy milk, and yes in some cases some people add clove or pieces of ginger too. Then boil it further to make tea taste stronger.  This kind of tea is usually sold on road side tea stalls and is prepared in many houses too.

October 29, 2014

Su.Ki

You reminded me of my childhood days. This is how we used to have our morning and evening tea. Now it is different. I mostly prepare in the cup only pouring boiling water on tea bag!

Thank you for letting me have some nostalgic moments!

October 29, 2014

I've never had a decent cup of tea outside of the UK :)

October 28, 2014

I'm glad that my directions brought back some memories, Knight. But what about the Indian way of making tea? Boiling it up with creamy milk, sugar and spices? Is that still done?

October 29, 2014
Show more