Tiletha Melendez
Teaching a one year old multiple languages

Hello, 

My son is learning four languages at once. English, Spanish,  Korean and Japanese.  My husband speaks spanish and teaches him.  I am studying Korean and Japanese and I am suprise that he picks up the words quickly due to I study and practice with him. Do you think it is too much for a one year to remember? 

My only speaks Spanish to my husband and his family and speaks English with me and in daycare.  If I am on Skype with somone speaking Korean or Japanese he starts to mimic the words. 

Oct 29, 2014 11:49 PM
Comments · 4

Tiletha

To add more capabilities to your son, look for a books on Vedic Mathematics - it can simple ways to do advanced calculations mentally.

October 31, 2014

That's a very good idea, I don't think that it will be too much for your son. It will be a lot easier for a young person to pick the sounds up than when he gets older. The two western languages have many similarities (although I know that the pronunciation of the same alphabetical words in Spanish sounds quite different to English). And Japanese and Korean share the same sentence order, Kanji might be hard. You are both good parents. I hope that it goes well.

October 30, 2014

Wow. That's very good. I read that children at that age learn languages very quickly. 

October 29, 2014

@my son only speaks

October 29, 2014