噜噜
Handwriting

I was confused by a question:"Do you think you can judge someone's personality by looking at their handwriting?"

I think there is no clear scientific relationship between personality and handwriting, but someone who are modest and patient usually writes beautifully.

so could you help e to solve this quetion?

Oct 31, 2014 3:52 PM
Comments · 12

Gosh I hope not! My handwriting in English is so bad I can't read it myself after it goes cold.

But then, the strokes to write in Korean are much different from the strokes to write in English, so my handwriting in Korean is very readable - more readable than my wife's Korean handwriting. My handwriting in Korean doesn't even resemble my handwriting in English, and I think it is all because of the different kinds of strokes to write the langauge.

So if someone were to try to gauge my personality by my handwriting, would they choose my English handwriting? or my Korean handwriting. I would contend again that they two are very different, and that, aside from anything else, would invalidate the hypothesis in my mind. I'd have to see that they could be consistent across the two languages and come to the same conclusion about me in order to give it even the possibility of being possible.

November 1, 2014

50 to 100 years ago, there was a fair amount of belief in a fringe-science or pseudo-science field called "graphology," which held that you could analyze personality from handwriting. 

Since handwriting is a sample of behavior, and since we often read personality into signatures, it doesn't seem utterly crazy. In the United States, the bold, gigantic signature of John Hancock on the Declaration of Independence is so famous that people will even say use "John Hancock" as a jocular name for "signature." ("And if you'll just put your John Hancock here on this line...") We perceive it as boldly defiant.

I think it has been pretty well discredited. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphology#Lack_of_validity mentions some studies that show it does not correlate with other tests that measure personality.

November 1, 2014

Then what do you say doctors' handwriting about?....

I mean to someone who writes like a hieroglyphic :D

October 31, 2014

Actually yes, and it's called "Graphology",, check this page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphology

I remember taking a graphology test once and it was 100% correct :)

October 31, 2014

Jugde isn't the tight word here. Yes I think you can get certain infomations about someone by analysing his handwriting.

November 1, 2014
Show more