[Deleted]
About vegetarians.

I am a Japanese vegetarian.
In Japan, there are few people who are vegetarian, so I have been asked about that many times. "Why do you hate meat?","You are crazy because we cannot live without eating animals." or "If you don't want to kill animals, you should not kill vegetables either!"
It's very difficult for vegetarians in Japan.
Also, I don't know how I should make them understand me.
The more I concern about that, the more I want to cry.
So, I thought I should not concern other opinions even they disagree with me.
I don't think vegetarian is perfect justice, but it is one of presious attitudes.
I want to be proud of being this style, but I don't know why I have to worry about being that.
I just want to love human and animal.

Are you vegetarian or not? What do you think about vegetarian?

I live in Japan, so I want to know world's opinions.

Nov 1, 2014 12:33 PM
Comments · 8

In India, the McDonalds family restaurant sells mostly vegetarian food!... but those vegetarians are mostly not Buddhists.

November 1, 2014

Hmmm... There are many Buddhists in Japan; but I guess your don't need to be a vegetarian to be Buddhist.

There are quite a few Buddhist vegetarians around the world, but I didn't know that about Japan... Maybe you'll be happier when you go to Hong Kong to study (which I see you want to do). In Hong Kong, going to the various Buddhist vegetarian restaurants is popular among some people.

In India, the McDonalds family restaurant sells mostly vegetarian food!

November 1, 2014

I think you have no reason to be concerned of your choice. You have your way of life and your views on things. I am sure that your life style come from your nature so you must not proof your innocence. I am not vegetarian but I see nothing bad in that.  

November 1, 2014

The 8 years of being vegetarian were the best years in my life...

In here it's not easy to be vegetarian, not because people ask you why? I would never care even if they ask me every day;) but mainly because if you want to eat out, you rarely find vegetarian food, which makes you thin after a while and looking more like a spaghetti (,") 

I would love to have resturants that serve for example: potatoes, egg plants, lentils, oats in many different meals, but we don't have that! 

November 1, 2014

I am not vegetarian, but I admire vegetarian people. They have principle, and good reasons.

But some of them are really dogmatic and lesson givers, they are agressive, especially in interenet toward those who eat meat.

They should be tolerant and teach by being and example, not by blaming the others 

November 1, 2014
Show more