Oleg
Calling all Polish speakers!! I need this translated.

I'm following a Polish Poliglot, she makes most of her posts in Polish and lately she posted a video about vocabulary.

I'm learning German and a bit of Polish but I can't understand a thing that is said in this video on her blog. Can someone please help?

http://polishpolyglot.org/jak-sktecznie-uczyc-sie-slownictwa-w-jezyku-obcym/

Thank you in advance.

Nov 2, 2014 8:50 PM
Comments · 6

To summarise:

1) learn words in context (sentences, blocks of text), because our brain can't remember lists of unrelated words

2) good methods, not talent, are needed for vocabulary learning

3) watch films and series, especially series, because some situations, phrases will be repeated many times

4) read books, but the ones which are interesting to you and which don't require constant using of dictionaries

5) translate texts from the language you know to the language you are learning

6) if you have a language partner, ask how to say things you want to say, all the time

7) stick post-its with the name of objects to them

8) learn regularly (daily) - 10 minutes every day are better than 2 hours once a week

April 27, 2015

I think I can help you, only don't know how to do it? Writting can take much time, better to speak directly. If you know how to do it - I am redy.

Tadek

April 27, 2015

So, there will be no translation, because you have to watch this movie all the time. After the 10th or 50th time you will understand most of it.

Polacy, nie tłumaczcie tego, proszę. Niech Oleg się pomęczy, niech poogląda, niech włoży trochę pracy. Sam będzie potem dziękował.

November 4, 2014

In the short, I can say, that she said exactly what I wrote. You have to learn through interests and hobby, through watching TV-series or movies which suit you, best. I don't know if she speaks any Slavic language, but from experience, to learn Slavic language by a Slavic speaker it is the only reasonable idea. I don't understand how it is possible to learn Polish by a Russian or Ukraianian/Russian by a Pole in some other way.

So you have to watch a lot and read a lot, that's her and my, personal advice.

November 4, 2014

As a Polish native speaker, I have never been learning Russian, but understand it, well. And how I learnt it? By hearing, reading and watching Russian-language materials, like movies, tv-series, Russian/Belarussian TV, magazines, websites.

So, I would recommend you to change a source, from Polish Polyglot to some Poland-related material. Living in Israel you should be wary of the fact, that Israel was built by Jews, who in vast majority came from Poland. So, instead of watching this girl who says some practical things but also lot of nonsense, you should rather watch some documentary about Polish-Jewish or Polish-Israeli relations. Or maybe some material about Russia/Russian speaking land?

November 4, 2014
Show more