Adelle
Are there any people with brown eyes in Sweden?

Hello,for long time ago I am wondering are there any people with brown eyes and brown hair (natural) in Sweden.I am looking at many pictures and all of them are with girls and boys with blond hair and blue eyes.

May be it is stupid question ,but if any girl(or boy ) with brown eyes and brown hair moves in Sweden,will she/he be sooo different than the indigenous?

Nov 4, 2014 3:00 PM
Comments · 5

Of course there are..

November 4, 2014

I am pretty sure there are MANY people with brown eyes and dark hair living in Sweden.I don't live there but recently I saw a TV programme about immigrants from North Africa who go to live in Sweden and they are all dark skinned.So I am sure there must be many who are not blond -haired and blue -eyed.

November 4, 2014

My brother has brown eyes, and he is in Sweden. I don't think foreigners need to worry about being different in Sweden. Generally speaking Swedes are used to seeing all kinds of people and they are also mostly friendly towards strangers. That's my experience.

November 11, 2014

Of course there are plenty of Swedes who don't look like vikings! It is just a myth. There has been plenty of migration to this peninsula ever since the ice-age: in the migration time, the wars, labour immigration in the 15th-17th centuries for mining (typically Germans and Valonians from Belgium) and in the 19th century from e.g. Balkan for work in the Volvo factories etc, Chilean refugees etc) so I suppose all of us are "immigrants". One can't say that a brown eyed brunette is less Swedish than a stereotype Scandinavian looking person. I think you have seen too many movies:-)

November 11, 2014

To take the three data points that are on my mind right now.

I'm looking forward to next week's concert of the folk band Triakel, who are from Norrland (northern Sweden). All three of them have brown hair. The harmonium player also has brown eyes. The other two have eyes in other, lighter colours.

November 4, 2014