Mega Dini
when you deal with something tiring..

Have you ever dealt with something you don't enjoy but you can't stop either?
When you have to work on tiring assignments or project for months and force you to be productive all the time then you get stuck, what would you do?

because I'm getting tired..

Nov 5, 2014 4:41 AM
Comments · 9
December 26, 2014

Ask some questions yourself: why do you study it? You can have internal reason like "I really like the subject" or external one like "If I accomplish it, I'll be approved doing the job I want". The ideal situation is when you have both internal and external reason. Nevertheless in the short run, I think, you can easily work with just one of them.

And it also works not to postpone everything on the very last day. If you do so, there is higher chance to quit. Just as you have been doing small piece every day.

And last but not least - the more time you spend with your thesis, the more interested it is. So you can be highly motivated from the first moment or you can invest a lot of time into the activity and motivation will follow. All this because after a lot of time with your thesis you don't want to throw out all your effort, so you (unconsciously) convince yourself that the activity is interesting.

December 26, 2014

keep moving forward dear, as rocky said, it doesn't matter how hard you hit, but how hard you get hit and keep moving forward, that's how winning is done :)

December 26, 2014

I usually use goal setting. I used to write 4 pages or more in a day. But when I feel so productive, the next day I become lazy. I reward myself by watching series. Sometimes I cancel social activities in order to write thesis. I also do pomodoro technique (I just knew that this techniques is called pomodoro) like in 2 hours I have to write 1-2 pages. But still, I feel like it's boring. I like my research object and the topic because I chose it. But thinking and analizing every day make me tired. I have 2-3 weeks more until deadline and my thesis is almost done (97%).

Still have 4-5 pages left and I want to give it to my lecturer tomorrow just in case I need to do revisions.

Or maybe it's because I don't make time to hang out alone and refresh my mind..

November 5, 2014

You can use goal setting. Estimate how many pages you need to write and how much time you have. Say 10 pages in two weeks. Then you have your goal, one page a day. When you have written one page, you reward yourself with something you really enjoy doing or eating or whatever works. Goals can make it more fun in my experience, because it feels good reaching them. If procratination is a problem, you can try the pomodoro technique. The pomodoro technique means using a timer to motivate you, set the timer to say 30 min and then work until the timer rings. Take a break and then do it again if you still haven't met your goal for the day. I think that is what I would do if I was stuck on my thesis. Hope that helps!

November 5, 2014
Show more