Tosha
Community Tutor
Learning Article : Is Your Elevator Speech Pushing The Right Buttons? Introducing Yourself In The Business World

Discuss the Article : Is Your Elevator Speech Pushing The Right Buttons? Introducing Yourself In The Business World

<a href='/article/301/is-your-elevator-speech-pushing-the-right-buttons-introducing-yourself-in-business-english' target='_blank'>Is Your Elevator Speech Pushing The Right Buttons? Introducing Yourself In The Business World</a>

Memorizing an "Elevator Speech" is a great way to introduce yourself to business contacts. Here's what you need to do to make a good impression.

Nov 6, 2014 12:00 AM
Comments · 13
Nice article! Thank you for sharing. 
June 16, 2016

Hi Hugo,
I’m glad you enjoyed the article. In order to make sure sentence sound more natural, I would actually say, “I enjoy a wide range of challenges.” Then you can get into further detail about the type of challenges that you like to tackle (i.e. match, programming, etc.). I hope this helps!

May 18, 2015

The points  you've made in the article very much resonate strongly with me.  I've just finished school and am in the job market.  When I attend interviews, I even prepare and think about the "small talk" I'm going to make with the board/panel members.  Such formal business situations can be so nerve-wracking; not exactly an ideal state to be in when you're trying to impress. 

For example, I even think about the words I'm going to say as I am shaking hands with each board member.  I usually go through: "great to be here", "thanks for your time", "pleasure to meet you".  Maybe this stragegy only works for me but before I did this, I would repeat the same phrases (eg. nice to meet you 10 times) and/or the job interview process was full of awkward silences which in turn, made me more nervous.

Prepare, prepare and prepare! 

November 6, 2014

Tosha thank you so much for this Interesting item! I also would  like to add that  preparing to the interview essential  in any case because it help to avoid any  unpleasent surprises during it. But turned to my personal expirience  I have to say that any elavator speech without  confidence in your own words won't make a possitive impression. 

June 24, 2018
la primera impresión es la que cuenta, aunque suene muy superficial pero es verdad aunque no queramos se nos queda registrado lo primero que vemos u oimos
June 24, 2018
Show more