Emma Valahu
Professional Teacher
Learning Article : How To Improve Your IELTS Writing Task 2 Score In 4 Steps

Discuss the Article : How To Improve Your IELTS Writing Task 2 Score In 4 Steps

<a href='/article/304/how-to-improve-your-ielts-writing-score-in-4-steps' target='_blank'>How To Improve Your IELTS Writing Task 2 Score In 4 Steps</a>

To get an IELTS score of 7 or above, you'll need a new strategy. Don't waste your time or money taking the exam unless you can follow these 4 steps.

Nov 6, 2014 12:00 AM
Comments · 38

Excellent article, IMHO ... re: grammatical range I wanted to suggest that complex adverbials and noun phrases as subjects / objects helps with being precise and ... (important) ... that is a teachable / learning thing that you can actually be learned.

I hope it's okay if I pitch in and suggest working only with real exam questions.  I've seen learners use questions from crappy, faux "How to get a 9 in all sub-skills in IELTS in just one hour using our amazing miraculous method" ... these faux Writing Task question are NOT formulated in the same that IELTS questions are (esp important for the data transfer Task 1 questions) ... I've seen some learners working with bad / wrong / weird graphs and it's difficult to practice Task Achievement on a writing task when you're working with poorly-worded fake questions.

Best article I've read on IELTS Writing!  Good luck, Emma.  I hope many students find their way to your sessions.  Writing takes time + a particular talent to teach, IMHO and it's a labour of love to correct, give meaningful feedback, organize all the exercises to develop the micro-skills, etc.  

November 10, 2014

the suggestions are really helpful and professional.

November 17, 2014

Thank you Andi. I'm glad that people are finding it useful.

November 12, 2014

To write an IELTs essay needs high skill in profound vocabuary, precise expression and intimate structure in English.

November 11, 2014

excellent article,really helpful,thx a lot Emma

November 28, 2014
Show more