Jesse
Anti-fraud on italki. Urgent( 紧急!!italki 上的反诈骗!!)

Lately,I received an email from a girl named Ibrahim Vivian who knew me on italki. She told me she was from Libya,and she is a refugee. She has millions of dollars and she need a foriengner to trasfer her money. I was a little puzzled . But her words were so touching that I could hardly question if it's a lie. And she enclosed some of her photos,which are pretty beautiful. She told me not to tell others and she told me all of these because she trusts me. I was really moved and I decided to help her. She gave me an email address of a bank,from which I can tasfer money. I did as she told me . In the meanwhile,she keeps emailing me and asking me to do it quickly and she was suffering from pain and hunger.I felt great pressure but also great honor that I could save a girl's life.And later,a "bank official" answered my letter and gave me another address leads to a lawyer,from whom I could get evidence to trasfer the girl's money. I took trouble to do it. And you know what? I'm a student. And i don;t have too much free time. But to make sure that I didn't waste time, I have to check my mailbox from time tro time. I told my friend about that. He told me that it is a spam and just let it go. But I don't believe it because I think the girl trust me so much!! But today,when I received the letter from "lawyer". I found something starnge. It involvs money .The lawyer told me that I have to pay some fee before trasferring money...... I began to rethink what my friend had told me and something strange in the girl's expreesion. Then I searched the email address on google. The result didn't surprised me. ——It's a trap. Someone has been cheated in the same way. And the liar take advantage of our mercy... I really hate it for I trusted the girl so much!!! And it's just a lie!!! Now I'm putting the article here to let everyone know this. Her name is Ibrahim Vivian. If you receive the same letter or letters like this.Please be careful and leave the liar no chance to cheat people. Luckily,I didn't lose money or something important. But to be frank ,my heart was deeply hurt. She looks so pure and you could never believe that it's true!! But, it really happened,to me! Oh ,jesus. Maybe this experience is a great lesson for me. And Ihope that you could also learn something from me. Thank you.

Nov 6, 2014 2:33 PM
Comments · 10

Any time you receive an email/phone call from a person that you don't know and they are either giving you money or asking you for money, it's a hoax.  In my entire life I'ver never, ever received a legitimate communication from a stranger that involved money.  It just doesn't happen.  Money doesn't fall out of trees & land in your lap.  And in 100% of the cases that money appears to fall in your lap it first requires that you send some of your own money.  Just hang up the phone, delete the email and move on.

November 6, 2014

It amazes me that some people are still falling for this type of scam. At least all you lost is time, so no need to torture us with anymore posts about this.

November 10, 2014

Maybe you need to tell her that you discovered her trick Jesse! She's unbelievable, I even doubt it's a "she";)

November 6, 2014

Block "her" (probably not a she anyway)... don't read "her" emails any more and don't respond to them... And "she" will stop and try to find other guys to fall for those lies.

November 11, 2014

善良的小孩,这不是一个新型的骗局,数年前就已经有了,而且套路都没变一下。

November 7, 2014
Show more