Sara
studying Arabic

I'd like to study arabic but it's very difficult and I often think that I can't lear it.

What do you think? I appeal especially who study it.

Nov 14, 2014 1:03 PM
Comments · 12

Hi Sara,

I'm a native English speaker living in the UK and I'm studying Modern Standard Arabic (MSA) Arabic. Although MSA is not usually spoken by Arabs on a daily basis, it is used in the media, in newspapers and in books, and all educated Arabs understand it. My understanding is that it is better to learn MSA before learning a particular dialect, for example, Egyptian Arabic. Also, the various dialects are not written - only spoken.

I wouldn't say that Arabic is necessarily difficult - it is just harder than, say, learning another European language. Yes, the script (letters) is completely different to the Roman alphabet, but the same is true of Mandarin Chinese and Japanese. Also, once you practise writing in Arabic, it's not that difficult. There are many native Arabic speakers on italki who will be happy to help you learn Arabic. Good luck!

مع السلامة

which means goodbye,

Paul

November 15, 2014

Learning any langauge is diffecult but that doesn't mean people weren't able to do it !
You have to find a motivation, have patience and a learning method that you like!
my adivce to you is to learn modern standred Arabic first then and pick up any dialect you like (people usually go for Egyptian Arabic) 
watch Arabic cartoons they're in (MSA) and there are songs, some movies and tv series also in (MSA) and even dubbed telanovela's in (MSA) online ...

have fun and good luck! 

January 2, 2015

I an native speaker of Arabic , I think it is something difficult to learn but if you  really intend to learn it and practice it regularly you will find it easy .

I can help you if you want :)

January 1, 2015

You can learn , litle by litle and by time you learn it well "JUST DO IT" AND "FAKE IT UNTIL YOU MAKE IT" 

December 30, 2014

sorry i did a mistake.

i mean 'improve'

December 30, 2014
Show more