happy_day
What is the most difficult to learn in a new language?

This is for my statistic research about the language learning.

Nov 14, 2014 1:04 PM
Comments · 4

....using the correct vocabulary/structures in the right context.

I always have the problem that people understand me after a while but what I say is sometimes funny, sometimes simply so far from being equal to how a native speaker would have expressed the same content.

If you know Duolingo, you will know what I mean. You can learn a lot of stuff there but in the end you sound like the google translator haha.

By the way, you can try to search in the discussions because this topic is quite common and a lot of people already have asked about it. Maybe you will find some inspiration there, too

November 14, 2014

I meant "Getting used to", of course. Sorry for the typo.

March 4, 2015

Getting uset of the fact that your native language is different from the target language, so if you try to speak by translating each sentence from your mother tongue, you will make a lot of mistakes. It's really hard to think in the target language when learning it, most people rather think in their native language. (Most of my students do that and it's very hard to stop thinking in their mother tongue.) It's also hard to learn to use the grammar correctly, especially when students regard it as a history lesson, which they memorize, know for a few days, then forget. Some people also find it hard to accept that learning a language requires practice, which takes a lot of time and work, and lose their patience in the process.

March 4, 2015

i think it depends on whats one's first language and whats the langugage he is trying to learn. some might think pronunciation is a problem, some thinks its the structures, some thinks its the writing system and etc. thats merely my two cents though.

March 3, 2015