[Deleted]
Does space really exist?

Have you ever noticed that everything we see is the same space? There are no one, two ... millions of "spaces". Just noticed where you sit. Now, stand up and look at the chair/sofa... The space above the chair has not changed. It seems to be empty, transparent. Now, sit down. The same space is occupied by your body. Is it true that space is occupied by your body? Or is it just the same space having a form of your body?

Nov 18, 2014 7:30 PM
Comments · 55

@ Bruce

I see, you are trying to change the direction of the discussion in totally different way.---Peter

That is not a factual statement.  I quoted you exactly as you have published your remarks.

You indicated that you want to function as a child does.

You objected to any respondent "thinking too much"

You  dismissed Scientific Knowledge concerning Space as though it were irrelevant.

You failed to indicate that you are employing an objective definition for any term you use.

In  contrast, You faulted the remarks of others for lack of definition of their terms when you have no definition for anything.

You have not demonstrated  why  childlike thinking should be preferable to adult thinking about objective knowledge.

November 21, 2014

@aegis

In fact I am thankful to you for making it simple and bringing this discussion to it's logical end!

November 19, 2014

Peter, you are referring to spacetime, three dimensions of space and fourth dimension of time. Please have a look at the following link:

http://www.ws5.com/spacetime/

You can also go though this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacetime

November 18, 2014

"OOPT

@ Bruce I do not know what you are talking about. Never mind. I do not care."---Peter

#1  You cared enough to post  a discussion topic and conduct a public inquiry.

#2  "Never Mind"   is an imperative.  Imperatives are not   logical arguments for anything.

What is needed to communication knowledge is a declarative, a  statement.

Furthermore, you have not explained that "Mind" is related to "Space"  and that

Never--Minding  is a means to obtain  knowledge about "Space" or anything else.

#3  You may not "know" what I am "talking about".   That is why science is a knowledge discipline  which has a specific methdology for the study of Matter,  Energy,  Space, and Time.

November 22, 2014

Peter, I just want to tell you that when I'm speaking Spanish I often feel like I'm speaking as a child does because of my limited ability to express myself the way I want to in a foreign language so I tend to pretty much ONLY ask childlike questions in Spanish and I think that's perfectly OK! Most people are kind about it with me and try to help me to express what I am trying to get across in Spanish. I would gladly try to help you to define more if that is useful to you, but as others already were able to respond to what you meant and you got what you wanted to get from opening the discussion it might not be worth our effort. However, I do want to say that I personally think that it takes a lot of guts to start a discussion in another language and this discussion prompted other people to put forth their own ideas and have a lively conversation, so in my opinion it was a real success that you should be proud of. 

November 22, 2014
Show more