Diego Iván
Professional Teacher
Learning Article : Common Grammar Mistakes Made By Spanish Speakers When Learning English

Discuss the Article : Common Grammar Mistakes Made By Spanish Speakers When Learning English

<a href='/article/307/common-grammar-mistakes-made-by-spanish-speakers-when-learning-english' target='_blank'>Common Grammar Mistakes Made By Spanish Speakers When Learning English</a>

This article is principally aimed toward English teachers, Spanish speakers who are learning English and all people interested in knowing some of the most common mistakes made by these learners.

Nov 12, 2014 12:00 AM
Comments · 19

The most common error I have seen by far on this website is not using capital letters when they are necessary in English. Not just Spanish speakers, but speakers of other Romance languages as well, Italian, Portuguese, French etc. Many people want to learn 'english', but capital letters are used in English in many situations where they are not in Spanish.

- Days of the week

- Months

- Nationalities

- Languages

- Religions

There are probably more, I can't think of them all right now.

February 6, 2015

Thanks for sharing Candice. Yes! it is. I would have loved founding this information when I was studying English, and now it's very useful for me in order to teach English. ¡Saludos!

November 29, 2014

Nice article. Some this mistakes are made by Portuguese Speakers too!

June 25, 2015
Thanks for sharing this Diego! As you have pointed out in your previous comment, it would be really helpful to know beforehand these frequent mistakes, both English and Spanish students.  
March 20, 2017
Hi Diego! I tried to analyse some of my mistakes and I wrote an extensive and unusual comment. I want to know if I can post it on my profile as long as you agree. I'd put the link of your article  because my comment is related to yours. Good job!

January 12, 2017
Show more