Larissa Bés
What was the best method that helped you learn English alone?

Hello guys! What was the best method that helped you learn English alone? I mean, without presencial classes. 

Ex: music, movies, exercices, online, chat... Whatever!

Nov 21, 2014 2:17 AM
Comments · 9

I asked one of my best students the same question. She was able to create funny, elaborate stories spontaneously as a teenager. She never had a native English speaking teacher before me and she never paid for private lessons. She was so good that we were able to do unrehearsed comedy shows for the rest of the class.

She said that she listened to lots of music, watched movies and read about things that she found interesting. She also said that she never watched the dubbed versions of movies or television shows.

Although she was a great student, most of the methods that she used didn't feel like studying to her. She didn't plan on it but she found a way to make learning English fun and interesting.

November 21, 2014

I think if you want to learn foreign language you need to create for yourself "a certain environment" , in which almost all will be in foreign language. For doing that you have to listen music, watching movies, reading books ( grammar books are not excepted), speaking out loud, write words out and trying to memorise them. It is very complicated process. You should be patient.
Friend of mine, who works as a German teacher, advises to study foreign language not less 3-4 hours per day. But, in my opinion, it is important to have a regular talk with native speaker. You will hardly reach worthy results without training speech.

November 22, 2014

I am not fluent in English, but I listened to lots of Youtube documents, watched movies and read about for me interested things, all in English. Was not good for me watched movies or television shows in English with subtitles in my native language. If subutitles then only in English. Important is also learn English with fun and interest.

November 21, 2014

Movies with English subtitles and music with lyrics, always :)

November 22, 2014

Elvis's music

November 22, 2014
Show more