Erika
Do you think other people regard you as a good listener?
Nov 21, 2014 9:50 AM
Comments · 6

Yes.   People often tell me  many secrets and then tell me that they do not even know why they are telling me that thing.

But then, I have developed myself throughout my entire life to being entirely trustworthy as a

confidant.  That means that people can tell me things, with an absolute assureance that I will never tell another  person  what I have heard. 

Sometimes, people have shared  some of their most painful and private  difficulties with me,

in confidence that  I will hear them  and show them a solution to their difficulty.

This trust  is one of the greatest joys in my life,  because it enables me to see people

transform, and release terrible pain, and find  joy again in their life.

November 21, 2014

Yes, and I was hired years ago because I'm very quite and the little words I seem to say are always encouraging;)
Counselling students was always easy this way, they come to my office, speak their minds, cry and laugh, find the solution and then go out happy and smiling (,") The same way worked well with their families too! So this was the easy part of my job, until I go back home and feel free to let go of all the stress of "listening all the time" using the punching bag for an hour or so, and then I'm good as new, this is the story of my life;)
I agree with Andi, outside the job my silence is mostly misunderstood and people take it as a sign that I wish to listen always, but sometimes I REALLY don't wish to hear anything!

November 21, 2014

I think i am good listener too.I must be good listener,i am doctor:) i liked to talk with people,to listen them.But sometimes i am  tired:)

November 21, 2014

Sometimes I think that is the case, maybe I am a good listener. But at other times people seem to completely misunderstand my silence for something else and when I speak up they disregard what I said. Communicating can be so stressful :/

November 21, 2014

I think they do. I try to be a good listener! :)

November 21, 2014
Show more