Aenbie
write a diary

Will you write a diary in english?

how do you know you use correct grammar or sentence?  

Or just write them down without thinking? 

Nov 21, 2014 10:59 AM
Comments · 8

Here are some suggestions for writing a diary in a foreign language.

Keep the phrases simple and informal.

If you do not know a word, just substitute a native word for idea you want to express.

Be fearless and write as much as you can for each diary entry.

Don't worry about making mistakes or being 100% grammatically correct.

Write down any corrections that you learn so that you can improve your writing.

November 21, 2014

November 21, 2014

Today I woke up with so much motivation to finish all of my college assignments. I was ready to read, analyze and write my essay, but a surprise came my way. We had no internet. We called the internet company and they said they wouldn't have the internet on until tomorrow morning around 7am. I decided to go to my friend's house to get internet connection. Before we left, I had to make breakfast for my son, husband and myself. We then cleaned up the house, went to the dollar store to get baby wipes and drove to my friend's house. I expected to jump right on the computer and study, but my husband ended up watching television, my friends began talking to me and then it was time for lunch. We just ate and I am going to study right after posting this message. That is how my day went. How was your day? :)

November 21, 2014

Write first without too much extra thinking. (In more formal writing, you would first PLAN your writing.) Once you have finished (or completed a section that you want to finish), then do more thinking when you rewrite (this includes thinking about what corrections may be necessary). After you finish, you can do the rewriting process once again, looking to see how well you are writing what you want to say, and if there are more changes that you might want to make. When you don't want to do this anymore, then you have finished.

This is one approach to the method of the "writing process", and you could apply it to writing a diary if you want. The "writing process" is something that we teach students to give them guidance with their writing production. You can research more about the "writing process" on the Web.

I wish you all the best for your diary.

November 21, 2014

Elias-  

It doesn't have to be every single day either. It could be every once and awhile or whenever something crazy/happy/drastic/different happens in your life. But of course you can have an E-diary...I suppose. You can write everyday for a week, look it over at the end of the week and then delete it. I don't know. I'm just throwing out ideas, lol. However you like. You can also do audio recordings instead of writing everything out. I just like to write. It's a hobby of mine. :)

November 23, 2014

Can you have an e-diary ? I mean to write it on your laptop or tablet. because I guess it will make a lot of notebooks and paper if you write a page everyday of your life !

November 23, 2014
Show more