Jie
who can recommend some english books?

I want to read some english books, like fiction or biography or others which are attractive as well as easy to read. can you help me ? thx....

Nov 22, 2014 7:12 AM
Comments · 3

This really depends on what type of fiction you generally like. If you enjoy teenage/YA fiction and urban fantasy, you may like Joan Rowling's <em>Harry Potter</em>. They are well-written, funny, sometimes dramatic and really make English alive. From my experience of life in the UK, everyday speech here is really similar to how the characters speak. They are not very difficult to read as well.

If your tastes are more on the realistic side, and you like it when fiction addresses serious problems, I would advise Kurt Wonnegut's <em>Slaughterhouse Five</em>. This is a sad book to read, but it is written brilliantly, combining somewhat macabre humour with deep lyricism and psyschological drama. The language is clear and readable for an intermediate student.

November 22, 2014

I think "Winter of the world" is appropriate one. The author is Ken Follett. It's very interesting and easy to read.

November 22, 2014

@Alex Mkrtchyan @Liza   Thank you ~~

November 23, 2014