Malik
What were the reasons you started learning Arabic?

I'm curious to know some of the reason why people have started learning Arabic. If they haven't started, what is preventing you from starting? I just started with Italki several weeks ago and I started because I have family that speak Arabic. In addition I live in Qatar and would like to be able to speak to other Arabic speakers. I'm starting with a dialect and will move on to MSA and Fusha at a later stage. 

Nov 24, 2014 12:22 PM
Comments · 6

true, i agree there is something for everyone in arabic,  but as far as here in England is concerned , its mainly muslims who are learning arabic, the younger 2nd and 3rd generations are far more religiously attatched to islaam than their parents and older generations.

also others learn it to go live and work in the gulf etc

November 24, 2014

However, there seems to be whole generation of potential Arabic language learners that are not necessarily interested in learning Arabic for religous reasons because they are not Muslim. They are just people who live in majority Arab speaking countries that want to connect with the local culture and community. Curious to hear what other reasons people have. 

November 24, 2014

i guess many muslim people generally try to learn it as its a part of their religion, although its not obligatory for every muslim to know it, it helps them to know their religion more

November 24, 2014

I live in the United States and am a native English speaker. I am interested in the politics and current affairs of the region. 

November 24, 2014

Hi how are you I want to talk can you I speak English and arbic

November 24, 2014
Show more