Larisa
Please, advice me an interesting podcast in English

I mean NOT usual podcast (like ESL, BBC or TED). Can you propose any interesting ideas?

Nov 24, 2014 4:57 PM
Comments · 14

Perhaps I should explain that "Car Talk" is a U.S. National Public Radio (NPR) show, available as a podcast. It is a call-in show. People call in and describe problems they are having with their car, and Tom and Ray try to figure out what's wrong.

Except that Tom and Ray crack jokes and tease the people who call in (in a nice way), and laugh loudly at their own jokes. It's really about their personalities. 

Regular listeners get to love their stock jokes, puns, and catchphrases. They always close by saying "Well, you've done it again! You've wasted another perfectly good hour listening to Car Talk." 

November 24, 2014

You can use Stitcher to aggregate all your favorite podcasts in one place and then listen them on PC or smartphone.

November 27, 2014

And now I try to listen to nerdist (thanks, Shafqat), Smart Enough to Know Better (thanks, Peachey), Marc Maron's WTF podcast (thanks, Berze), Car Talk (thanks, Dan Smith, for your interesting explanation), Freakonomics (thanks, dmitorbins), Radiolab (thanks, Vanessa), Slate.com's Lexicon Valley (thanks, Daniel), china232 (thanks, mondaytuesday). It is SO INTERESTING )))

November 27, 2014

Thank you all very much for such inteersting advice ) from all these podcat I have already known only allearsenglish and really like it. So Camilo we have something common ))

November 27, 2014

"Car Talk," despite the fact that in the U.S. many of us are still sad about the recent death of Tom Magliozzi. I have no idea whether a non-native speaker could follow this, or would find it hopelessly difficult.

November 24, 2014
Show more