Brian
Hey everyone!

I'm new to this website, and I'm not sure how to go about requesting others to trade language education. I'm particularly looking to learn Russian and Arabic. I don't know a single word in neither language. Please contact me if you can help. Thank you! 

Nov 24, 2014 5:20 PM
Comments · 4

Hi Bryan,

Welcome to the site. Languages cannot be taught, they must be learnt. I suggest you get a beginners course book, something like: Teach Yourself, Colloquial, Penguin or Assimil and get started, then you can use Memrise or Anki to build up your vocabulary and once you've started well you can come onto here and share your writing, ask specific questions and of course hire a tutor, which I suggest doing early in the process.

Asking for help when you know absolutely nothing sounds a bit like you want others to learn for you :-)

November 24, 2014

I would also recommend that you start with a course, ideally with audio just to get you started. When starting out and you can say very little I would suggest taking lessons here so that you can talk with someone who knows how to best support beginners.

BTW For Russian you could try this freee online course: http://learnrussian.rt.com

Only when you are able to have conversations, perhaps after a few months, would I recommend going for language partners. You can simply search for them (look in the community menu) and ask if they want a language exchange. However, one of the advantages of being a native English speakers is that you will recieve plenty of requests without doing anything, so it won't be hard to find a partner.

November 24, 2014

Hi! If you want learn Russian I can halp you, and you would have helped me to improve my English. If you're interested this please contact me

November 25, 2014

Hello Bryan!

Russian is not easy. It is very imortant to start to learn it in the best way. May be this article can help you:

http://www.babylon-project.com/learn_russian/startrussian/

Learn Russian online - www.babylon-project.com

November 25, 2014