[Deleted]
If you had one superpower...

What would it be? 

When describing your power, I urge you to be precise with your words! I thought it would be helpful to remind you how important your choice of words can be. 

There are a few different examples in literature where a genie with the power to grant a wish will be very particular about how a person articulates their words. Example: "I want to be the best basketball player in the world". Here, the genie would make all other players in the world, lethargic and slow... instead of the original intention: Improving the one who made this wish. This is an example I vaguely remember in a book.called "Be careful what you wish for" as part of the Goosebumps series.

One of my ideas for a superpower:

I would want to know the answers to everything. However, only when asked by another person would I know the answer, or unless I achieved such knowledge myself, and I could not tell another person to ask me a specific mmmquestion. 

Nov 25, 2014 3:46 AM
Comments · 7

Heh seungli, that is a family joke.any scripts we don't know how to read or understand, we call it Hindi or mainly Sanskrit which is pretty much the same coz we don't know anything about:)I find these artists more like scientists& they had it as a natural gift from God,they'r lucky.

November 26, 2014

You're so precise & you'r right to be! have you ever watched (bedazzled)?

The super power for me is to write good English with proper punctuation &yes I need super power for that, when I write fast coz I always lack time, my English can look &sound like Hindi;)

On the other hand, for a bigger horizon I can ask for speaking at least 10 languages fluently & use this super power for my own amusement especially when I travel & not for work.

November 25, 2014

Jane If u mean you plant the flowers in ur garden & they die,maybe the soil in ur garden is not good,u'r not a plant killer i'm sure. but if u mean they die inside ur house,then maybe they need to see the sun more &more. try to read more about it & for sure u can know why they die like this.

November 26, 2014

Actually, yes! I have seen that movie. It's surprising because I usually don't relate with people through movies ^^ That is another perfect example to make sure to be aware of your choice of words. I totally forgot about it.

It's hard to guess where you're from, but how do you manage to make your voice sound Hindi? I'm truly curious.

Another excellent power would be the ability to master any skill simply by seeing or reading about it.

Speaking of, there are some people who can hear a song played on the piano, and then instantly replicate it without any knowledge or practice of it. There are others who can stare off into the distance, viewing the busy city streets for example, and then draw the scene in excurciating detail - simply by remembering the image in their brain. It's really amazing.

November 25, 2014

I wish i had a green thumb, i wish i could grow many plants like flowers and trees flourishing. then i could enjoy the beautiful view everyday. However, in reality, i am a plant killer. The flowers i had bought from market always died one or two weeks later. Even aloe which do not need much water and care. i really don't know why. No plants can live in my house for a long time.  

November 26, 2014
Show more